THE 2017 BEERS OF THE BURGH FESTIVAL WILL BE HELD AT THE CARRIE FURNACE!
PARKING: Parking is available at the Carrie Furnace and will be $10 per car if you choose to purchase online in advance ($15 at the gate). If you need parking, we highly recommend you purchase your parking in advance as it will help us get your cars into the parking area quicker and more efficiently (and get you to the beer faster!) Designated driver ticket holders get to park for free – just be ready to show your designated driver ticket to the parking folks.
To purchase parking use the following link and simply select parking as an add on item (print your parking ticket and bring to the event) CLICK HERE TO BUY PARKING
Carrie Furnace Tours: Rivers of Steel is offering “mini tours” of the Carrie Blast Furnaces for guests of the Beers of the Burgh Festival on May 13, 2017. On this tour, a Rivers of Steel tour guide will lead visitors through the iron-making process, sharing the story of the site’s technology, workers, and culture from it’s heyday to the post-industrial present. The 45-minute tours will be offered at 4:30 PM and 5:30 PM. Cost: $10 in advance / $15 at the door
BUY 4:30 Tour:
BUY 5:30 Tour:
Directions from Homestead/Duquesne: • From Rt. 837/River Road, turn on to the Rankin Bridge. • Stay in the right lane and take the Braddock exit. • At the traffi c light, turn Right onto Kenmawr Avenue. • At the next light, turn LEFT onto Carrie Furnace Boulevard. If the ROAD CLOSED signs are in place, please go around them. • Proceed through the gate at the cul-de-sac and into the parking lot.
Directions from Edgewood/Swissvale: • Follow South Braddock Avenue toward Rankin. • When you pass Hawkins Village, stay in the right lane and take the Braddock exit. • At the traffi c light, proceed straight onto Carrie Furnace Boulevard. If the ROAD CLOSED signs are in place, please go around them. • Proceed through the gate at the cul-de-sac and into the parking lot
Alternate transportation options include:
· Take a bus. Pittsburgh Port Authority – Schedule Finder: http://www.portauthority.org/paac/SchedulesMaps/TripPlanner.aspx
Lyft – USE THE FOLLOWING LINK for $50 towards your first rides with Lyft.
Already a Lyft user? No problem! Share a ride with someone who’s new to Lyft!
How it works:
1. Download Lyft at: https://www.lyft.com/invite/BOTB2017?route_key=invite&v=OUT
2. Go to the “Payments” section and enter the code: BOTB2017
3. Available to New Users (those who’ve never taken a Lyft and never redeemed a code)
4. Request a Lyft when you need a ride!
· Yellow Cab: 412.321.8100
· Classy Cab Co: 412.322.5080
· People’s Cab: 412.466.8300
· Eagle Cab Company: 412.665.1555
· Checker Cab: 412.664.5600
Additional information about the venue:
· The venue is both indoor and outdoor
· Festivities will proceed rain or shine
· No indoor heating – please keep an eye on the weather forecast and dress appropriately.